Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Budgerigar and The Watermelon

    Green melon plants filled up the field. It was a great joy that they were matured and ready for harvest. Each watermelon was thinking about her future. Would a thirsty traveler eat her? Or would she travel to another country? Or would young boys take her to their homes and eat her with their meals?
     All the bright green watermelons were laughing except the largest one with yellow and thick skin, and it was almost to full maturity.
     Then the young watermelons said to the mother melon, "No one gathered you last season?." She answered, "I'm like you. I was planted this season. But my seed is bigger and stronger, so I grew up faster than you. They planted me for another reason." After that, the young watermelons replied, "So..What is your story? And what's the reason they planted you?"
     The mother melon said, " My story is that I'll stay here in my place until I  explode, and my seeds go out of me. Then my friend, the budgerigar, will collect the seeds and transport them to another land; a land where is the watermelon is unknown. Later, I'll grow up, but I'll be happy because I  made a lot of people happy."
     Finally, the young watermelons were looking at each other and discussing , "Who will stay with her to be the next mother?."

7 comments:

  1. Is this a folktale of Saudi Arabia?
    it's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a interesting story.
    I never saw the story.
    When I finished the story, I think I know more something about Saudi Arabia.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting to read the story

    I enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy the story!
    It is very interesting. :)
    Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree is very interesting the story!
    I didn't know it

    ReplyDelete
  6. #2: I like the paragraph because it has detail, and interesting.

    ReplyDelete